As we move into our second semester several standardized assessments and surveys are scheduled for the end of January and February.
The Minnesota Department of Education and Robbinsdale Area Schools expect each student to follow all state and district policies for test administration. As part of a culture of academic integrity, students and their families are reminded of the importance of test security. Students are expected to keep test content secure, and act with honesty and integrity during test administration.
All students are expected to follow the directions given for district and state assessments. When taking these assessments, students should do their own best work to show what they know and can do.
- Students should not accept help finding answers to test questions.
- Students should not give answers to other students.
- Students should not tell others what is on the test.
- There may be consequences if students do not follow directions or behave dishonestly.
Please see the schedule below for more information. Please know the testing dates are subject to change.
FASTBridge Assessments: Standardized assessments intended to provide academic screening and monitoring in the areas of Reading and Math.
- FASTtrack Reading: Wednesday, January 26th in Reading/AVID/ACC Humanities classes
- FASTtrack Math: Thursday, January 27th in Math classes
ACCESS Testing: Standardized assessment that English Language (EL) students only take in order to screen and monitor progress in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening in English.
- ACCESS testing: February 1st - 25th ongoing in EL/English classes
Please see the school calendar on the SMS website for specific dates students are testing.
NAEP/National Assessment of Educational Progress: NAEP is the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what students know and can do in various subjects. NAEP is different from our state assessments because it is a common measure of achievement across the country. The assessment is administered by the National Center for Education Statistics, within the U.S. Department of Education. Select 8th grade students will participate, these students are identified by the U.S. Department of Education. Parents with students participating will receive a letter with more information as the date approaches.
- NAEP: Feb 8th - Identified 8th grade students only
Robbinsdale District Survey and Minnesota Student Survey: These surveys provide a wide variety of information to inform decisions about how to improve systems that support students.
- Robbinsdale District Student Survey: Wednesday, February 23rd, all students in Social Studies classes
- Minnesota Student Survey: Thursday, February 24th, 8th Grade Social Studies classes only