Sandburg Middle School is a cell phone free school. Student cell phones should not be visible during the school day!
Cell phones and earbuds can be brought to school but must remain off or silent and completely out of view for the entire school day. Students will not be permitted to display, turn on, or use a cell phone from the start of the first class until after the last period of the day.
- The first time a student has their cell phone or earbuds out during the school day, the teacher/staff present will ask the student to place their phone in a ziplock bag with a name tag and placed in a safe container to transport the device to the front office for the remainder of the day. The device (phone and/or earbuds) may be picked up by the student when they are ready to leave school.
- If there is a second offense, the device will be taken to the front office and will be kept for a day or be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- If there is a third offense, the device will be taken to the front office and a meeting will be set up and may result in the device being left in the front office daily.
- The school will not be held accountable and will not be investigating lost or stolen phones and/or earbuds.
- All students are issued a locked locker to hold their personal belongings.
- Students do not share your lockers or locker combinations