7th and 8th Grade Open House
Wednesday, August 31st
6:00 pm-7:30 pm
6th grade Open House
Thursday, September 1st
6:00 pm-7:30 pm
At your grade level Open House families can:
- Pick up schedules and get locker information
- Update your contact information (email address, phone number, emergency contacts, etc.)
- Register for a Parent Portal account (This is how you can track attendance & grades for your student.)
- Pay $25.00 Chromebook Device Protection Plan or pay online at campus.rdale.org (Must have a parent portal account to pay online.)
- 6th Grade students: Pick up your school issued Chromebook from advisory teacher. New 7th & 8th grade students will receive a Chromebook on the first day of school.
- Give medical documentation to our School Nurse, Jana Schneider (Vaccination Records, Allergy Info, Asthma or Seizure Plans, Med Orders, etc.)
- No Shots, No School! Students that do not have updated vaccination records on file, or documentation stating otherwise, will be excluded from attending school until documentation is provided. This is especially important for students entering 7th grade.
- Add funds to lunch accounts. Breakfast and Lunch is no longer free for all students.
- Fill out educational benefit forms (Some families may qualify for Educational Benefits, which includes free or reduced-price meals.)
- Learn about after school programs and activities
When you arrive at Open House, please consider bringing your loose change to the Sandburg Parent Association (SPA) table and donating. Last school year, your donations helped provide field trips, equipment for classes and other needs. Best of all, there’s nothing for you to sell! In fact, every dollar you donate to our SPA benefits the students and staff at SMS. It’s easy to contribute! Simply visit our SPA table and place your donation in the collection box…or you can contribute online at https://www.givemn.org/organization/Sandburg-Parent-Association. As always, we are looking for dedicated parents, family and community members to join our Parent Association and work as partners with our school to ensure every student has success. If you have any questions, you can contact our Parent Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.